Thursday, June 29, 2006

The drive

I am not a car person for the most part. I mean that I want my car to run, but I am not crazy about cars or driving. It's just a matter of transportation to me and that's about it except for listening to music in the car. Listening to music while driving has always generally always been a great experience to me. There is nothing quite like the feeling of driving while listening to something you really enjoy. I remember when I used to have to put tapes in and now I can listen to CD's. unfortunately I have about 30-40 CD's sitting on my passenger side seat of my car. Driving in the rain while listening to music is the best to me as long as it's normal rain and not a downpour. I recently switched jobs to have a shorter commute because of my kids and I love my new job and my shorter commute. Today I have to go back to my old workplace for a workshop. I am not looking forward to the traffic or the hour long drive home, but I am looking forward to having that much time to listen to music in my car.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Do you have the actual CD's or copies of them. I would never allow actual CD's in the car,in fact I used to be very anal about my CD collection. I would never loan them out only copy them and would have a near breakdown if I opened a case and the wrong CD was in it!!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you don't get caught in the rain, Mark. I think it's supposed to be OK this morning, but this afternoon the showers are back.

To me, music makes any drive worthwhile. That and being able to sing at the top of my lungs and not have my husband look at me as if I were making his ears bleed. :-)

3:23 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Pixie-I am a dinosaur. I have never copied a cd so they are originals. They are tough they can take it. I am not very anal about my cd's but my albums are a different story.

Curare-It's sunny right now.It will be strange making this trip because I worked there for six and a half years, but have been there in four months.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

All my CD's are always in some sort of sleeve...........especially in the car. I know what yuou mean sbout the drive. I used to have a 10 minute commute. I liked that I was close to home, but not that I didn't unwind from work on the way home. Plus it took me all week to listen to one CD.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you! I love music in the car and it's the only good thing about driving (imho). I got an ipod last summer so I plug it into my car stereo via the lighter and have access to 2,000 of my favorite songs. I love technology!

11:05 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Unless I go to visit my brother in Roanoke, I'm usually in my car for no more than 10-15 minutes at a time, so I rarely listen to cds. Plus this is the first car I've had that has a cd player in it.

12:35 PM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I can't live without music in a vehicle, especially on long rides. Unfortunately, it's landed me 3 speeding tickets in my lifetime. :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

Get an iPod AND an iCarPlay. The latter is a device that powers the iPod and puts the audio over your radio courtesy of an FM transmitter. I have one and i LOVE it. If you love music and you have a big CD collection....sell blood...do whatever you have to do to get an iPod (and something to let you play it over your radio).

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home