Friday, July 14, 2006

First concert

The other day my daughter the Metalgirl got to go to her first concert. No, it wasn't Iron Maiden or Motorhead, but rather it was Kidsinger Jim. He's a local guy who does concert for kids and he has some CD's out. Hey, she's two, but she did enjoy it. It was at my place of work (the public library). I was working so I had to act as bouncer against the 20 or so kids who were getting to close to the speakers because their parents wouldn't make them mind. I think there were about 100 people total there. Metalgirl sat with her mom for a while, but then she got up and started dancing. I try to play music for her when I can so I am glad she enjoyed the concert and he was good as far as entertainers for kids go. At my job I have seen some who didn't deserve the money they got. Metalboy sat in his mom's lap and grinned the whole time. I am just glad neither of them threw tantrums. Of course Metalgirl didn't enjoy as much as dancing at home to Deep Purple and Judas Priest.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

My daughter is only 9 months old and it makes me smile every time she dances to a song.

6:12 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Gotta start somewhere.

7:00 AM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

yes, you must hand-down the appreciation of good rock-n-roll so they don't wind up 'screaming for britney'...btw, wasn't that a priest song? do'h!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

How cute is that!!! I love watching kids appreciate music. I bet the Metal kids are so cute!!!

I have indocrtrinated my two nephews, my niece and my son in GOOD MUSIC.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello metal Mark, I've seen you've reviewed the Rainbow Rising album, I agree with you it sounds really great, (that was modestly put). I have the record and i like it a lot. I was wondering if you've heard the remastered rainbow cd. The tempo is a little slow compared to the record. I just want to know if it's really like that or just me.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home