Monday, May 03, 2010

Eldorado-Golden

Photobucket
Self-produced
2009


I have this disc for a while and have certainly been meaning to review it for some time, but am just now getting around to it. One spin had me realizing I really should have reviewed this sooned, but it's a keeper. Their 2008 debut En Busca De Eldorado was a good outing, but the new disc surpasses it by a few notches. The vocals are about as strong as I could have asked for on the new disc. To me the biggest improvement is the guitarwork. This time around the licks and riffs roll off the fingers without hesitation. There are no gaps or filler as every track is a heavy hitter. They play blues based hard rock with a great of passion and power. The influences I heard on the first disc are stll present here as Eldorado are still very much influenced by Deep Purple, Zeppelin and AC/DC. After looking back at my review of their previous effort I saw that one complaint I had was that many of the songs seemed to short. This is obviously something they have rectified on Golden. In fact I think their song structure in general is greatly improved. The songs strike your interest right away and never let go. These guys have greatly improved over a rather short period of time. I can't wait to hear what they come up with next.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home