Wednesday, June 23, 2010

5

My five year blogiversary was actually two days ago, but I just now remembered. I have somehow kept this thing going for five years and two days now. Thanks for reading. In honor of this I'll give you five lists of fives.


Five albums that I could listen to at any given time without getting bored.

1-Iron Maiden-The number of the beast

2-Van Halen-Fair Warning

3-Led Zepplein-Houses of the holy

4-Motorhead-Orgasmatron

5-Alice Cooper-Love it to death



Five 80's metal bands that never got their due

1-Medieval

2-Cirith Ungol

3-Executioner

4-At War

5-Zoetrope


Five CDs that I own that aren't really even good enough to be used as coasters

1-Trixter-s/t

2-Warrant-Cherry Pie

3-Judas Priest-Nostrodamus

4-Asia-Phoenix

5-Lita Ford-Wicked Wonderland


Five releases I surprisingly don't own on CD, but really need to get at some point

1-Judas Priest-Point of entry

2-Helloween-Walls of Jericho

3-Grim Reaper-Seee you in hell/Fear no evil disc

4-Van Halen-2

5-KISS-Dressed to kill


Five cool things I own on vinyl

1-Iron Maiden-Maiden Japan-Not as much rare as it is cool that I found it in a dumpster in good shape.

2-Venom-Manitou twelve inch. One of my favorite Venom songs with a cool cover

3-Black Sabbath-Paranoid seven inch with the Vertigo logo on one side of the label so you be in trance as you watch it sping on the turntable.

4-Judas Priest-Sad wings of destiny picture disc.

5-Rush-Archives-Not rare or anything, but it's a three album set that I got in great shape for $2.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Five years! That's great.

My blog is only two years old...I hope I can keep it going as long as you have kept this one.

(By the way, the red font on blue background of this post is hard to read. Maybe it's just my old eyes, though)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

tokyo5-Thanks. Color has been changed. I often write at home and I have an older monitor so the colors are not quite as bold when I write there.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Metal Anniversary Metal Mark! Keep the Metal train movin' forward Metal Buddy!

Now... I kinda, well, really like ASIA. The unfit for coasters CD's is FUNNY. Oh yeah... "Wicked Wonderland" is probably good for... um, well, I can't think of a darn thing it would be good for.

Plus... you topped me man! You found a pretty cool Iron Maiden album in a... dumpster! Now, I'm never gonna drive by a dumpster and look at it the same way again. Gee Metal whiz.

Stone

10:15 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Stone-Here is a link for the whole dumpster story if you are interested.

http://metalmark.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html

3:56 AM  
Blogger Magpie said...

Interesting post. I always like hearing about what goodies people have in their collections. Here's a couple of mine:

Iron Maiden's "Sanctuary" single--the one with Maggie Thatcher. Without the black stripe, and not the rerelease.

Rush's first single "Not Fade Away". In near mint condition, no less.

Test pressing for Iron Maiden's "Flight Of Icarus" 45.

Lizzy Borden's "Murderess Metal Roadshow" double-lp. Not a big deal, unless you live in Canada, where it wasn't released for legal reasons and I had to pay a month's allowance to import it.

W.A.S.P.'s "Animal" buzzsaw shaped picture disc.

Exodus's "Bonded By Blood"--nothing special, except that I bought it for 99 cents when a local dept. store decided to stop selling records altogether. Oh yeah, I got Metal Church's first album in the same batch. Jackpot!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
Happy Blogiversary! 5 years....man that is amazing. Keep it up!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home