Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lekamen Illusionen Kallet-The Second Wind



Nordvis Produktion
2011


As the Ramones once sang "Somebody Put Something In My Drink". It must have been my morning coffee becuase I was under the impression this was just another black metal release. Stoif (Graav) - all Instruments and JM - Drums (Session) though are not that sort of beast. I'm not sure if this is a side project that grew out of Armagedda or if Lekamen Illusionen Kallet (LIT) are now a full time band. I do know that the "group" has been around since 2000 and that this is their forth full length (it's debatable if 2007's s/t album was a full length as it only had four songs and was under 30 minutes in length) and it is most certainly not black metal. I mean I suppose maybe you could say Stoif sort of has a blackened voice. But more often that not it's almost a scratched up Glenn Danzig meets Johnny Cash in a smoke filled pool hall. And musically this is more in tune with alt country/garage rock and roll. This album actually gets to be a solid little rocker and left me wondering if the black and white face paint was just for show. I don't know how their other albums sound like I said so I don't know if this is something new or not. Whatever it is though I like it. This album reminds me of going to a rockabilly concert with a friend once and there was a goth/rockabilly band who tried for this and failed. LIT pull off the impossible though. Could this be the start of a new genre of black garage rock and roll?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home