Saturday, March 24, 2012

Jon For A Cowboy-Demonocracy

Metal Blade
2012


If you'd like a brief history lesson on Job For A Cowboy be sure to check out my review of their "Gloom" EP below. I'm going to just cut to the chase and say this nine-cut album slays.With new guitarist Tony Sannicandro (a session guitarist for Despised Icon) and Cephalic Carnage bassist Nick Schendzielos brought into the fold things have improved for the band as a whole. For one thing Tony's lead work brings the band to a new level. In his own words Tony states “I think I bring more of an old school guitar approach to the band. Obviously before the band got me there wasn’t a lot of lead work. On the new album has a solo on every song. I think I’ve done the best work of my life on there" and he couldn't be any more correct if he tried. With original vocalist Jonny Davy, drummer Jon “Charn” Rice and guitarist Al Glassman back for the attack the new guys join the mayhem and having this unleashed upon the senses reminded me of how much I appreciate true death/thrash metal. It is nice to hear a group not trying to get cute or fancy and instead just plug in and blitz the crap out of the listener. This one as stated just slays folks. It slays....





















http://metalmark.blogspot.com/search?q=Job+for+a+Cowboy-Gloom+

2 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

A band I have never bothered to listen to. Never even heard a note, I think the name turns me off so I avoid them.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Ok, yeah the name is gay. Super gay. Get past it and the music is heavy as f**k though.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home