Tuesday, April 23, 2013

De La Cruz-Street Level

Frontiers Records
2013

De La Cruz hail from Gold Coast, Australia and their interests include " Rays, Babes, Good vibes , Epic Nights, Music, Rxck n roll!!!!". When you consider that little bit of golden knowledge and that their influences include Motley Crue, Winger, Dokken, Ratt, Lynch Mob, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Skid Row, W.A.S.P, Cinderella, KISS and Steel Panther then you should be able to figure out what "Street Level" is all about! The band was formed in June 2011 and, in addition to having a lead singer named Roxxi Catalano (Roxxi being his christian name I suppose) the band is rounded out by guitarists Casey Jones & Rory Joy, bassist Grant Daniell and drummer Lacey Lane. Quite honestly as I listened to "Street Level" I had vivid flashbacks of the eighties/early nineties. The only difference is that De La Cruz doesn't make me want to rip my own ears off like far too many L.A. bands did back in the day! Really, despite this being ever so cheesy, I have no objections to it. These guys seem like they are having fun and it's never a case of being overly obnoxious or anything so "Street Level", while maybe not my cup of tea completely, is fine enough arena-like/eighties rock/glam/sleaze rock. Worth picking up if you're into that kind of thing.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tony said...

Shame Casey Jones has just quit the band.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I did not know that. Thanks for the update!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home