Friday, April 25, 2014

Miracle Master-Tattooed Woman

GoldenCore Records/ZYX Music
2014

Truthfully this one peaked my interest based solely on the album artwork. Does that reflect poorly on me? Or is it my admission that there is just something about a beautiful woman with tattoos and a smoking gun that will be my undoing? Granted, none of that is at all relevant to the music at hand. Even if I do have to hand it to these Danish/German rockers when it comes to their talent! Yes, it's Friday so that means bad puns aplenty, but when your week has been spent fighting household germs and dealing with your own sickness and that of a child what more do you want? Well, how about rather stealthy hard rock and roll that borders on (sleazy/hair) heavy metal? Formed out of the ashes of Pump (yeah, you got me as I've never heard of the lot either even if they did release three albums during their time alive!) Miracle Master features lead vocalist Oliver Weers (ex-Oliver Weers Band, Ripe, D.I.M), guitarists Marcel 'Selly' Bernhardt (ex-Pump, Tales Of Sorrow, Unfroynd) &  Axel 'Aki' Reissmann (ex- Pump, Hazy Shade, Downspirit), bassist Michael Vetter (ex-Pump, Chinchilla, Watch Me Bleed)  and drummer Andreas Minich (ex-Pump). With "Tattooed Woman", which was released at the start of March, we're generally talking about music that should appeal to those of us who were old enough to appreciate this sort of thing the first time around (read: late eighties/early nineties). Even if it's nothing that's going to rock the world with any sort of originality it's at least a collection of tracks that are catchy and fairly enjoyable in their own right. If I could pinpoint the sound I would, but honestly twenty or so years now of hard rock, hair metal, sleaze metal and pop metal has made it all blur together in my mind so I'll leave such duties to those who follow this kind of thing and nothing else. Otherwise I'd expect this lot to be heading towards those hard rock festivals that seem to pop up every summer or so in the mid-west. That would seem about right....

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home